We’re Hiring | Wedding Events Coordinator
In a nutshell
We’re looking for an events coordinator to harmonise and shape the wedding entertainment for our couples. As part of the events team, you’ll show our couples how Hey Jack can add a little magic to their lives. From amazing musicians to tear-jerking Wedding Films, you’ll be responsible for organising and executing all our weddings with impeccable service and attention to detail.
- Young and Agile Small Business – Make a genuine impact in a fast-growing business.
- Be part of a small, collaborative team.
- Dog-friendly office.
- Work from our Prahran Studio off Greville Street.
- Full-Time Position – Salary negotiable and based on previous experience.
Hey Jack is Australia’s fastest-growing wedding entertainment company and offers some of the best musicians in Victoria. We pride ourselves in providing fantastic customer service and a streamlined and stress-free experience for the modern couple, big on ideas but short on time. And the result is seeing smiles on our couples faces and hearing about how entertainment made their wedding day.
We launched in 2018 as a small agency with a handful of artists. This year, we now manage 40+ artists on the roster. We have also added Wedding Films and Wedding Photography into the product mix. With the exponential growth we’re seeing, we are looking for the best of the best to help us reinvent an industry we believe is ripe for change.
What you’ll do
- Execute our jam-packed wedding event calendar of over 600 weddings (and counting) in 2021 -Central Role.
- Guide our couples through the planning process concerning entertainment at their wedding.
- Setup and facilitate face-to-face/zoom calls with our couples.
- Work closely with our roster of 40+ musicians and supply detailed run-sheets and event info to them.
- Cross/ up-selling to existing customers.
- Respond to all clients’ emails promptly, answering all entertainment-related queries.
- Work closely with the sales and operations team and suppliers (venue, photographer etc.) to ensure the event runs smoothly and seamlessly.
What we’re looking for
The successful applicant must have:
- At the core, you have plenty of experience working within the wedding industry with a knack for entertainment – essential.
- Have a positive attitude with a strong work ethic and with an agile mindset to change.
- Able to work well within a small team environment.
- An outgoing personality and don’t mind a few dad jokes.
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re a Pro with Mac and keyboard and phone in hand.
- Outstanding time management, strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- As a plus, you can upsell/cross-sell our products and services to our couples.
- Drivers licence and own car (as travel between venues may be necessary).
- Open to working a few Saturdays a year during the busy periods.
Please send your CV along with why you’d be a great addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.